Employees, customers, and visitors are expected to stay home if they:
• Display COVID-19 symptoms including coughing, fever, difficulty breathing
• Have returned from a trip outside the country within the past 14 days AND been told to quarantine as per the federal quarantine requirements
• Have been in contact with a person who is displaying COVID-19 symptoms
Debit and credit are the preferred methods of payment
At our main depot - 105 Wharncliffe Rd S:
• Enhanced cleaning and sanitization routines are completed throughout the main depot, with a focus on high-touch areas, including airbus lobby, entry/exit ways, handrails, kiosks and bathrooms
• Hand sanitizer is available at the main depot and available from the airbus driver
• Employees will be wearing personal protective equipment
For Airbus travel:
• Face masks are a requirement for passenger travel, our policy is as follows:
COVID-19 is a global health challenge and has changed the way Robert Q Airbus transportation
services operate. It will be required that all passengers onboard a Robert Q Airbus wear a 3
layer mask to cover their nose, mouth and chin during the course of their travel.
As this is a requirement for travel, if a passenger is not already wearing a 3 layer mask,
then purchase of one will be made available prior to boarding, at a cost of $2.00.
**All masks must be 3 layers as per the PHAC recommendations **
A non-medical mask should:
• be made of multiple layers, including
- at least 2 layers of tightly woven fabric, such as cotton and
- a third middle layer of filter-type fabric, such as non-woven polypropylene
• use materials that are breathable
The following persons are exempt from the requirement to wear a Mask or Face Covering:
(a) children under two years of age under any circumstance;
2. Starting November 30, 2021 the Canadian Government has ruled that travellers flying within Canada or outside Canada will require to be fully vaccinated to board flights. As Robert Q Airbus is an airport shuttle, all passengers over 12 years and 4 months of age, will be required to be fully vaccinated, effective December 01, 2021.
• A verbal health questionnaire will be asked at time of check in to determine travel ability. If the passenger answers “YES” to any of the screening questions or refuses to answer, then boarding will be denied and a full refund will be applied for the booked reservation. The passenger should seek guidance from their healthcare provider. The health questionnaire will have the check in agent ask:
- Outbound travel – passengers going to the airport:
1. Have you travelled outside of Canada in the last 14 days AND been told to quarantine as per the federal quarantine requirements?
2. Are you experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19 (IE shortness of breath, cough, sore throat, or fever)?
3. Have you been in close contact with a person showing symptoms or tested positive for COVID-19?
- Inbound travel – passengers leaving from the airport:
1. Are you experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19 (IE shortness of breath, cough, sore throat, or fever)?
2. Have you been in close contact with a person showing symptoms or tested positive for COVID-19?
• Hand sanitizer made available to passengers prior to boarding from the airbus driver
• Enhanced cleaning routine to disinfect and sanitize the airbus between shuttle use
• Disinfectant wipes available to passengers when dropping off at their location for luggage transfer
• Drivers will be wearing personal protective equipment
• A barrier is installed on the airbus between the driver and passenger compartment