Employees, customers, and visitors are expected to stay home if they:
• Display COVID-19 symptoms including coughing, fever, difficulty breathing
• Have returned from a trip outside the country within the past 14 days
• Have been in contact with a person who is displaying COVID-19 symptoms
Debit and credit are the preferred methods of payment
At our main depot - 105 Wharncliffe Rd S:
• Capacity restrictions are in place, limiting the number of customers inside our main depot
- passengers departing/arriving or customers requiring to complete a reservation to enter only
- friends or family are asked to wait outside with farewells completed outside
• Enhanced cleaning and sanitization routines are completed throughout the main depot in preparation for each departure, with a focus on high-touch areas, including airbus lobby, entry/exit ways, handrails, kiosks and bathrooms
• Hand sanitizer is available at the main depot and available from the airbus driver
• Signage is on the floor to assist with physical distancing measures; customers are to keep 2 metres (6 feet) apart from one another and from employees; front counter and check in distancing instructed by the check in agent
• Airbus lobby seating, in main depot, as well as airbus capacity will be limited in order to maintain physical & social distancing
• Employees will be wearing personal protective equipment
• Employees will complete training related to the prevention and protection of COVID-19 in the workplace
• Access to public washroom will be available at our main depot
For Airbus travel:
• Face masks are a requirement for passenger travel, our policy is as follows:
COVID-19 is a global health challenge and has changed the way Robert Q Airbus transportation services operate. It will be required that all passengers onboard a Robert Q Airbus wear a non-medical mask or face covering to cover their nose and mouth during the course of their travel. As this is a requirement for travel, if a passenger is not already wearing a covering, then purchase of one will be made available prior to boarding, at a cost of $2.00.
The following persons are exempt from the requirement to wear a mask or face covering as per the ML Health Unit:
- (a) children under two years of age under any circumstance;
- (b) children under twelve years of age if not developmentally appropriate as determined by their caregiver;
- (c) persons with a medical condition or disability which inhibits their ability to wear a face covering;
- (d) persons who are unable to place or remove a face covering without assistance;
- (e) employees or agents of the establishment within an area designated for them and not publicly accessible, or in an area separated by a physical barrier;
- (f) persons who are reasonably accommodated by not wearing a face covering in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code or the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
• A verbal health questionnaire will be asked at time of check in to determine travel ability. If the passenger answers “YES” to any of the screening questions or refuses to answer, then boarding will be denied and a full refund will be applied for the booked reservation. The passenger should seek guidance from their healthcare provider. The health questionnaire will have the check in agent ask:
- Outbound travel – passengers going to the airport:
1. Have you travelled outside of Canada in the last 14 days?
2. Are you experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19 (IE shortness of breath, cough, sore throat, or fever)?
3. Have you been in close contact with a person showing symptoms or tested positive for COVID-19?
- Inbound travel – passengers leaving from the airport:
1. Are you experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19 (IE shortness of breath, cough, sore throat, or fever)?
2. Have you been in close contact with a person showing symptoms or tested positive for COVID-19?
• Physical & social distancing measures in place with reduced capacity on the airbus
• Hand sanitizer made available to passengers prior to boarding from the airbus driver
• Enhanced cleaning routine to disinfect and sanitize the airbus between shuttle use
• Disinfectant wipes available to passengers when dropping off at their location for luggage transfer
• Drivers will be wearing personal protective equipment
• A barrier is installed on the airbus between the driver and passenger compartment
• Restricted seating capabilities on the airbus with complete restriction to the passenger seat directly beside the driver
• Drivers will complete training related to the prevention and protection of COVID-19 in the workplace
Robert Q Airbus will be including a temporary COVID-19 surcharge starting July 15, 2020. This surcharge will assist with additional
protective gear, disinfectant, barriers etc. in relation to the passenger travel with our airbus services.